87 profiles and Facebook and / or Instagram pages were dropped, as well as a Facebook group. The social network, however, did not release the names of the removed pages and accounts. But they were cited in an investigation by the Digital Forensic Research Laboratory (DFRLab).
It is an institute associated with the organization Atlantic Council, from the United States, which, in 2018, started a partnership with Facebook to evaluate groups responsible for disseminating disinformation in democratic elections.
They had access to a total of 80 pages and profiles before they were removed by Facebook. From these channels, the laboratory traced a web of relationship between them, which has 91 points. Based on this report, G1 found that 42 of the pages were dropped (see list below).
- PT says WhatsApp suspended party message distribution accounts
In addition to them, the investigation cites another 33 profiles and accounts, many with duplicate and similar names. Facebook had previously said that those responsible for the dropped pages tried to hide their identities.
“Among these assets were duplicates and fake accounts that promoted Bolsonaro and his allies in various Facebook groups, as well as pages with hundreds of thousands of followers, who published pro-Bolsonaro memes and other content depreciating their critics,” said the DFRLab in a note. .
See the list of removed pages on Facebook, which appear in the DFRLab report and were found by G1, and what the investigation pointed out about them:
- 20 Oppressing – page related to another one also removed, called Northeasterns with Bolsonaro
- AlanaOpressora – support page for state deputy Alana Passos (PSL-RJ)
- Anticomunismo Brasil (Facebook) – even as soon as the Instagram account
- Bolsonaro 2026 – Facebook algorithm suggested “Vanessa Navarro”, deputy Anderson Moraes’ advisor, as a related page
- Bolsonaro News – Facebook page of Instagram account created by Tercio Arnaud, advisor to the Presidency
- Bolsoneas (Facebook) – Leonardo Rodrigues de Barros Neto, former adviser to Congresswoman Alana Passos
- Conservative Summit – page related to an event that happened in December 2018, in which Eduardo Bolsonaro was one of the organizers
- Extreme shame on the face – page was liked by Tercio Arnaud, advisor to the Presidency
- Political Game – page created by Leonardo Rodrigues de Barros Neto
- Nordestinos com Bolsonaro 2018 – Facebook algorithm suggested “20 Oppress” as a related page
- News from São Bernardo do Campo – Facebook group that was deleted
- The Brazilian Post – Website page created by Paulo Chuchu, advisor to Eduardo Bolsonaro, and Andre Benetti
- The Brazilian Post ABC – Website page created by Paulo Chuchu, advisor to Eduardo Bolsonaro, and Andre Benetti
- I came from the future to say that Bolsonaro became president – Page was offline according to DFRLab
List of accounts removed on Instagram, and what the investigation pointed out about them:
- alanaopressora (Instagram) – support account for Mrs Alana Passos
- anticomunismo_brasil (Instagram) – bio directs to Facebook page
- Archivodoolavo – bio directs to the TV Anticommunism Brazil page
- Artilhariadobem – made mention of deputies Anderson Moraes (PSL-RJ) and Alana Passos
- Avozdopovonews – made comments on the Artilharia do Bem page, also excluded
- Bolsogordos – Instagram account that followed Paulo Eduardo Lopes, known as Paulo Chuchu, advisor to Congressman Eduardo Bolsonaro (PSL-SP)
- Bolsonarobravo – Instagram account that followed BolsonaroNews accounts and Vanessa Navarro, deputy Anderson Moraes’ advisor, as a related page
- Bolsonaronewsss – Instagram page registered by Tercio Arnaud, advisor to the Presidency
- Bolsonaroni – account that promoted state deputy Anderson Moraes and the Ideology Brazil page
- bolsonaropr2022 (Instagram) – Facebook pages linked to this Instagram account
- bolsonaroprnoplanalto – DFRLab gave no further information
- Bolsonarorepost – link in the bio of the page AliancapeloBrasilZN was going to this account
- Bolsoneas (Instagram) – page by Leonardo Rodrigues de Barros Neto, former advisor to Congresswoman Alana Passos
- Casalbolsonaro – links in the bio directed to the Bolsonéas page on Facebook
- Comomeudinheironao – Instagram account that followed Vanessa Navarro, deputy Anderson Moraes’ advisor, as a related page
- Cupulaconservadora – Instagram account related to an event that happened in December 2018, in which Eduardo Bolsonaro was one of the organizers
- Didireita2018 – followed the Bolsonaronewsss account
- direitazonanorterj – was linked by the pages AliançapeloBrasilZN and Arquivo do Olavo
- Closed-pocket – no information given by DFRLab
- Gato_Fingido – followed Paulo Chuchu, advisor to Eduardo Bolsonaro
- Ideologiabrasil – account of movement that Leonardo Rodrigues de Barros Neto, former advisor to deputy Alana Passos, and deputy Anderson Moraes claim to be part of
- jogopoliticobr – account created by Leonardo Rodrigues de Barros Neto
- Passarinhovoou – DFRLab did not provide information
- Becauseobolsonaro- Instagram account that follows Bolsonaronewsss and Bolsonéas
- thebrazilianpost – Instagram account for website created by Paulo Chuchu and Andre Benetti
- Trumptrust9876 – DFRLab did not give information
- tudoehbolsonaro – Instagram account that followed Bolsonaronewsss
- tvanticomunismobrasil – Instagram account that had tags for Vanessa Navarro, deputy Anderson Moraes’ advisor, and the Bolsonéas page
In addition to the 42 pages and group mentioned above, DFRLab also identified fake profiles and namesake accounts that were linked to this network.
See the list of profiles that have been deleted according to the DFRLab investigation:
- Aldous Müller
- Anderson LM
- Anderson Luis
- Eduardo Guimarães
- Fábio Muniz
- John Benetti
- John Bennet
- John Bennett
- John Bennett II
- John Bernardo
- Jonathan Benetti
- Jonathan Benetti
- Leo Leo
- Leonardo Barros
- Leonardo Barros
- Leonardo Neto
- Leonardo Rodrigues
- Luiza Lara
- Marcos Antonio Diniz
- Marta Silva
- Paul Edward
- Rodrigo Weikert
- Tercio Arnaud Tomaz
- Vanessa Nascimento
- Vanessa Navarro
- Vanessa Navarro
- Vanessa Vanessa
- William Person
- kadu1975 (Instagram)
- paulochuchu (Instagram)
- vanessabolsonaro17 (Instagram)
- vanessannavarro (Instagram)
- vanessannavarro1108 (Instagram)
The connection between the profiles was made by the laboratory observing the owners of the profiles, their followers and the tanning pattern between these pages. Among the accounts and pages published by DRFLab, there is also mention of other names and profiles, which have not been removed by Facebook, and also of old pages, already removed.
1 of 2 Network that DFRLab created when analyzing the accounts and pages that were removed by Facebook. – Photo: Reproduction / DFRLab
Network that DFRLab created when analyzing the accounts and pages that were removed by Facebook. – Photo: Reproduction / DFRLab
According to the DFRLab investigation, some of these accounts were created and maintained by advisers to the Bolsonaro family and state deputies Alana Passos (PSL-RJ) and Anderson Moraes (PSL-RJ). These names were cited by Facebook in the page exclusion announcement.
DFRLab identified several profiles with names similar to those of advisers to these politicians, with abbreviations or surname changes. This was the case with Vanessa Navarro, an employee of Anderson Moraes’ office, and Leonardo Barros Neto, former adviser to Alana Passos.
According to DFRLab, the two had “a similar strategy of fake accounts, and appear to be connected to 13 accounts that used variants of their names. These accounts were used to post pro-Bolsonaro content on different groups of pages”.
Tercio Arnaud Tomaz, another name cited as administrator of false accounts, is an advisor to the Presidency of the Republic and would be part of the so-called “hate office”.
He also managed Jair Bolsonaro’s social networks in the 2018 election. Before that, he worked at the office of councilman Carlos Bolsonaro, in Rio de Janeiro, in the position of office assistant. Your Facebook page has been deleted.
DFRLab points out that Tomaz was responsible for “Bolsonaro Opressor 2.0”, an already removed page that published content in favor of the president, made attacks on political opponents, such as the governor of Rio de Janeiro, Wilson Witzel (PSC), and even ex government officials, such as Luiz Henrique Mandetta (Health) and Sergio Moro (Justice), in addition to spreading false news. The page had more than 1 million followers on Facebook.
Still, Tomaz was responsible for the “@bolsonaronewsss” page on Instagram, also taken down by Facebook. Although the owner of the page was anonymous, the registration information in its source code shows that it belongs to him, according to the investigation. It had 492,000 followers and a total of 11,000 publications.
Bolsonaro advisor is responsible for Facebook page down, says investigation
Another name that appeared in the DFRLab investigation was that of Eduardo Guimarães, an adviser to Eduardo Bolsonaro. He has already been appointed by the CPMI of fake news as the creator and administrator of pages that made attacks against opponents of the president. His personal profiles were deleted last Wednesday.
Paulo Eduardo Lopes, known as Paulo Chuchu, is the other advisor to Eduardo Bolsonaro appointed in the investigation as one of the main operators of this network that Facebook took down.
“He registered, for example, a website that was theoretically an independent news site, but that was actually pro-Bolsonaro. He is one of the coordinators of the Alliance, the party that Bolsonaro is trying to form, “said Luiza Bandeira, DFRLab’s head for Latin America, to Jornal Nacional last Wednesday.
“He is one of the coordinators of the Alliance in São Bernardo do Campo. So, they had a …