The federal government intends to integrate digital services offered to the population in a single channel, the portal gov.br. Launched in August, it gathers information that was previously spread across different websites.
By the end of 2020, the goal is to bring all 1,600 federal government websites to this portal. The government says the cost of creating the new page and migrating the data is $ 43 million, but expects to save about $ 100 million per year with the change.
The first sites that were part of the new portal are Services, Government of Brazil and Planalto – together, the 3 receive about 13 million visitors every month.
The move is part of a decree signed by President Jair Bolsonaro when he completed 100 days in office.
Here's how to start using the service:
- Visit the site gov.br;
- Click on the "Sign in to your gov.br account" option;
Gov.br portal home – Photo: Reproduction
- Then, if you don't have an account yet, create one by clicking on the "Create your account" option;
- Enter your personal information, such as your social security number. The portal will also ask for other information such as year or day of birth and mother's first name to confirm the operation;
- You must also include some contact details, such as email and mobile. For this, gov.br sends an authentication number to the address or number provided.
To use the portal gov.br you need to create an account – Foto: Playback
Complete the registration to create the account on gov.br – Photo: Reproduction
Through this login, you can track requests for available services (see categories below), those that have already been completed and those that have some kind of pending.
You can track requests made through the portal by accessing your account. – Photo: Reproduction
In the citizen's access page, it is possible to register in the digital services of the INSS, for example, besides other services.
Citizen Area Page on gov.br portal – Photo: Reproduction
What can be found on the portal?
Gov.br arrives with over 3,000 public services, almost half of them already digital.
According to a statement from the Special Secretariat of Red Tape, Management and Digital Government of the Ministry of Economy, more than 300 services were digitized in 2019. By the end, the goal is to put another 400 services on the platform. Next year, another thousand are on the list.
Among what is already there, for example, it is possible to find traffic services such as digital CNH, infractions and registered vehicles.
Transit Services on gov.br – Photo: Reproduction
Unification of channels is also foreseen in the project: 41 applications are available on the site, from a game about the Federal Constitution to SISU, the system used to access ENEM notes.
See the list of categories that have services on gov.br:
- Agriculture and Livestock
- Social assistance
- Communications and public transparency
- Science and technology
- Culture, arts, history and sports
- Education and research
- Company, industry and commerce
- Energy, minerals and fuels
- Finance, Taxes and Public Management
- Armed forces and civil defense
- Justice and security
- Environment and climate
- Infrastructure, Transit and Transport
- Work, employment and social security
- Health and sanitary surveillance
- Travel and tourism